Lycee Khadija Oum El Mouminine - Tétouan - Maroc Index du Forum
Lycee Khadija Oum El Mouminine - Tétouan - Maroc
ثـانـويـة خـديـجـة أم الـمـؤمـنـيــــــــن

Lycee Khadija Oum El Mouminine - Tétouan - Maroc Index du ForumFAQRechercherMembresGroupesProfilS’enregistrerConnexion

Forum du Lycée Khadija Oum El Mouminine - Tetouan- Maroc مـنـتـدى ثـانـويـة خـديـجـة أم الـمـؤمـنـيـن - تــطـوان - الـمغـرب  
عزيزي الضيف أو الزائر مرحبا بك , إذا كنت غير غير مسجل في منتدى ثانوية خديجة أم المؤمنين ... إشتـــرك وإستفد من مزايـــا العضويــة، الرجــاء إضغط على زر الإشتراك أعلاه
www.lycee2.on.ma قريبا . . .
BAC EXAM OF THE DAY (May 11th )

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lycee Khadija Oum El Mouminine - Tétouan - Maroc Index du Forum -> Programmes Scolaire المقرر المدرسي -> English الإنجليزية
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
mouqed
Modérateur

Nom et Prénom: mouqed abdelhaq
khadija Oum El Moumi Masculin
Point(s): 164
Moyenne de points: 3,09
Etoile: 1étoile

MessagePosté le: Mer 11 Mai - 14:47 (2011)    Sujet du message: BAC EXAM OF THE DAY (May 11th ) Répondre en citant

I-READING COMPREHENSION (15 points)
The defining feature of distance learning is that you do not need to attend the awarding university institution in person. This style of study is not new. The University of London established its external programme in 1858 to make the degree accessible to students who, for one reason or another, could not come to London to study, and it now offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications to almost 24,500 students in over 157 countries around the world. Now, a growing number of other UK institutions are developing distance learning programmes to offer students the chance of studying without leaving home. Distance learning suits people for many different reasons. For Petrakis, “Family and financial circumstances prevent me from studying abroad for extended periods, but I could manage a couple of short visits”. For Teresa, “I now have two small children, it is impossible for me to attend University. I would, therefore, like to study at home”.
Finding the finance to study may be difficult, “Due to financial constraints; I could not further my education in any conventional way, and so I joined the bank, my present employer. My ambition is to improve my career prospects by obtaining a university degree”. Said, George Morgan.
For some people whose job requires regular travel or irregular working hours, distance learning may be the only way they improve their qualifications and seek promotion. In most cases, students have choice of when to study and how quickly they progress through the programme.
Academic support given to a distance learning student varies from programme to programme and from institution to institution, however, the focus is on self-study. Students may receive basic academic guidance through specially written study guides. Many programmes provide an extensive range of materials including videos, computer disks and audio tapes. Some institutions have introduced programmes of study which can be delivered to a student’s home by internet.
Academic support is not the only support required. Without the support of family, colleagues and friends, studying for a qualification as an external student would be a great deal harder. John Chetcuti says “my wife’s support throughout all these years has been precious. Had it not been for her support when I was down in the dumps I probably would not have persevered to the end”.
Base all your answers on the text

A. ARE THESE SENTENCES TRUE OR FALSE? JUSTIFY (6 points)
1. The University of London started developing distance learning programmes in the 19th century.
2. The Internet is used to mail distance learning materials to students.
3. Distant learners need only the academic support.
B. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS (8 points)
1. Why was it more convenient for Teresa to take a distance learning programme?
2. Why does Morgan wish to get a university diploma?
3. What type of teaching materials do distance learning programmes prepare for their students?
4. Whose help was crucial to John Chetcuti?
C. FIND IN THE TEXT WORDS OR EXPRESSIONS THAT MEAN THE SAME AS   (8 points)

1. Degrees or diplomas (paragraph 1)
2. Demand (paragraph 3)
3. Assistance (paragraph 5)
4. of great value (paragraph 5)
D. PICK OUT FROM THE TEXT SENTENCES OR EXPRESSIONS WHICH SHOW THAT (2 points)

1. Petrakis is unable to go to university abroad.
2. Programmes of distance learning give a variety of learning materials.
E. WHAT DO THE UNDERLINED WORDS IN THE TEXT REFER TO? (1point)

1. It (paragraph 1)  
2. They (paragraph 3)
ІІ-LANGUAGE (15 marks)

A. REWRITE THESE SENTENCES AS SUGGESTED (5 points)
1. She was always late to work. Consequently she was dismissed.
If……………………………………………………………………………
2. they must finish the work before they get paid.
The …………………………………………………………….           
3. I didn't apologize for my faults.
I wish …………………………………………………………………………  
4. Although she is extremely beautiful, nobody has asked her for marriage..
In spite of ………………………………………………………………………..
B.FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH THE CORRECT PHRASAL VERB FROM THE LIST (2 points
look after - look up - fill in - let out 

1. I………………  a loud cry as I was badly hurt.
2. You need to........................this word in a good dictionary.
3. The company will certainly ask you to ………….a form before they gve you the job.
4. In most families women ...................the children while the men go to work.  C.FILL IN THE GAPS WITH THE APPROPRIATE WORD FROM THE LIST (4 points)
 cultural – sustainable - tool - autonomous- co-exist - tolerant 

1. America is a homogeneous society where different minority groups......... .
2. …………….difference is not the problem. the problem is whether we are willing to be ........... towards other cultures.
3. Internet is a an amazing of ............ learning. D.PUT THE WORDS BETWEEN BRACKETS IN THE CORRECT FORM using the appropriate prefix or suffix (3points)
post-, pro-, anti-, -able, ex- ,-ible, inter-  

1.(environmental) ....................activists fight against nuclear and industrial wastes.
2. Her school results are (satisfactory)..................... That's why her father is scolding her.
3. All these problems are (dependent) ..................... Each problem is connected to another one.
   ІІІ-WRITING (10 marks)
write an essay about different forms and tools of learning stating the ones that appeal to you  

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 11 Mai - 14:47 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lycee Khadija Oum El Mouminine - Tétouan - Maroc Index du Forum -> Programmes Scolaire المقرر المدرسي -> English الإنجليزية Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation